Well, the semester is underway! It’s been snowy, exciting, educational, and especially snowy. Many thanks to everyone who’s checked out our new site, attended our events, and faved our tweets. Here’s an update on what’s been going on with us:
- SILSSA held its first general meeting of the semester on Thursday, January 29. Eleven students attended, and we discussed a bunch of awesome events we’re planning for this spring. You can read the minutes from the meeting here.
- We are also proposing some changes to the official descriptions of the duties of SILSSA officers. This is to help clarify officer roles, and to make the description better reflect what we actually do. There will be a vote on the proposed changes at our next general meeting (February 24), so be sure to review the changes before then.
- We’re applying for the ALA Student Chapter of the Year! We’re proud of what’s happening at Pratt SILS, and we’d like to think that SILSSA is a part of that! We’ll be sure to keep you up to date as this process continues.
- In that vein, we want to highlight all of the amazing work Pratt SILS students do! We also want to be sure that student accomplishments go recognized within our own community. We’ve created a survey that we would like students to fill out if they were a recipient of an award from a professional library, archive, or museum organization, or if they presented at a professional conference. Thanks in advance!
- We’ve created a Group Events Calendar, so all the student groups at SILS can better coordinate their events, and so students and faculty can see what upcoming events they might be interested in. Check it out!
- …And Finally: Happy Hour! Tonight, February 7, starting at 6pm is the first Student Happy Hour of the semester, co-hosted by SILSSA at SAA@Pratt! We’ll be hanging out at Library Bar on Ave A, and we would love to see you there!