Welcome to the weekly Round-Up! This week, we started rolling out a lot of information about the end of the semester, and beyond!
We made a thorough list of everything that’s coming up in April, and it’s up right now on our homepage. Check it out. In other news:
- Nominations for SILSSA Officer positions for the 2015-16 school year are now open! There will be THREE officer positions available in SILSSA for the upcoming fall semester: President, Vice President, and Treasurer.
If you are interested in running for any of these positions, please send an email to Rachel O’Neill, firstname.lastname@example.org, including a biography and statement of purpose (two paragraphs total). Please submit by 5 PM on Sunday April 26 for consideration.
- #infoshow15 is coming! There is a blog post about what that entails, and how you can participate, either as a presenter or a volunteer. Take a look at that for the details, but the vital information is: Nominate by May 1st, and #infoshow15 itself will be May 15th.
- Tonight! Tonight! One night only! All of Pratt SILS’s student groups (SILSSA, ASIS&T, SAA, SLA & UX/IA) are co-hosting the monthly Librarian Libations at Beauty Bar, from 6pm onward, tonight, April 10th! Come join us for a drink, and maybe also a manicure?
- Tomorrow, April 11th, starting at 1pm is the Zine-Making Workshop. Meet in PMC 613 to learn about the history of zines, their social and political impact, and make some of your own. Drop-in and out as you please!
- Tuesday, April 14th, from 5:30-6:30 is the Perspectives in Public Librarianship Panel. There’s also a great blog post about this event, so be sure to read up! Also, if you’re considering giving a lightning talk at #infoshow15, this would be a great opportunity to see how it’s done.
- And next Saturday, April 18th, from 1pm -6pm (drop-in) is the Librarians @ Pratt, Part 2 Wikipedia Edit-a-thon! Help expand the world of Wikipedia as it relates to the achievements of Pratt SILS and it’s faculty, staff and alumni. There will be an introductory session on how to become a Wiki-editor, make changes and create new pages! Sign-up here.
- And, at all of these events (except Librarian Libations) there will be FREE SNACKS! So join us!
That’s it for this week. Thanks for reading, and let us know if you have any questions or comments!